05 October 2012

Review: Onion 5028


This pattern comes from the Danish company Onion.

It is a remarkable variety of tank tops, and almost exactly what I was looking for.  It pays to shop your stash! 

I chose the plain back pattern, but added in the "princess seam" option in the front (not that visible).  After assembly, I feel that the straight lines are fairly useless, and don't really add to the pattern for me (a friend agrees).

Interestingly enough, Sarah Veblen's "The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting" has a princess seam primer on page 96.  And her book may help explain my disillusionment.  For optical illusion assistance, I would be better served to have rounded seam lines on my princess seams.

Straight princess line, like those found in this pattern better serve those with sizeable chesticules.





The upper back fits well, but I probably need to take out a little more in the sway back alteration.  I ten to narrow my sway back in knits, since they are stretchy, but I think I went a little too narrow this time.



I think the front also fits well.  The neckline is comfortable, neither too low nor too high.

This is definitely a keeper for me, and I anticipate producing several more over the next couple of years ... because I am slow that way!



No comments: