14 April 2013

St. John's, NL, CA - vacation day 8

Finally feeling like my old self - disregarding those odd coughing fits.

We are up and headed out to visit the Johnson Geo Center, which highlights the geology of Newfoundland and Labrador.  Wow, I am impressed.  You can touch the exhibits!  And many of them are at kid height so that they can be involved in the experience, too!



For the life of me, I cannot remember what this guy's name tag said.  Obviously we were at a scary part in the movie ...


We lunch at The Sprout, tasty late luncheon.

Fort Amherst was our last stop of the day before heading home.  It is a bit of a walk, and I really need to add ear covers for my next trip to 40/50 degree weather (and maybe gloves).  My scarf is working as a head wrap, but some ear coverings would be that much better (and I have two at home, why did I not bring one of them?)

Fort Amherst brings home the reality of getting goods to remote locations.  Whereas it is not a difficult feat now that St. John's is well populated, at its inception Fort Amherst was exceptionally difficult to reach and supply.  We really do have a much easier life in this modern age.



 

 




Home to snack and catch one nap before bed.  I'm not 100%, but I am doing better.


No comments: