05 February 2015

Cloth Habit Rosy Ladyshorts Muslin Review













The Cloth Habit Rosy Ladyshorts are available from Cloth Habit at http://clothhabit.com/free-pattern-rosy-ladyshorts/.


Having identified some closet "holes" I set about having a muslin party of various undergarments, bras and panties.  The Rosy Ladyshorts from Cloth Habit was a quick download and taping of just a few pages.


What adjustments did you make?  And why?
As a new to me independent, I have no previously knowledge of the fit.  As such, I made this as per pattern draft.


Pattern appreciation(s)?
These did not dig into my front hip, which is a common issue I have with undergarments.


Pattern disgruntlement(s)?
These are extraordinarily cheeky (in parlance "minimal back coverage"), and fairly uncomfortable because they shift when I move.  This may indicate using a too big size, but I cannot see a size or two down changing their basic fit.

For me, the crotch length is way too long.  While the front fits well, the back ... well ... see above.  I took a quick 1" tuck out of the crotch length, but this made little difference in fit or feel.

I cannot imagine where to start with adjusting this pattern (major adjustments of this garment type, in my experience, tends to destroy rather than enhance the pattern).  As such, I do not intend to attempt such modifications.


What body does this pattern fit (in your estimation)?
This pattern is perfect for women who are incredibly deep front to back, and can never find anything that does not bind.


Would you buy this pattern again?
This is a free pattern, and I am glad I had the chance to try it.  I just do not like the way it feels on my body. 

I add in my agreement with other bloggers, sewers, and reviewers, personal fit is very personal.  Less than stellar reviews indicate that the reviewer and tester are not necessarily copacetic. 

I have no quibbles with Cloth Habit's pattern quality.  I do keep eyeing their Watson Bra - http://shop.clothhabit.com/collections/all/products/watson-bra-bikini.


No comments: